COMPASS Mentee Information
What are the benefits of participating in COMPASS as a mentee?
As mentees, students will be able to…
- Get advice and guidance from a knowledgeable upperclassman also registered with ODS on classes, campus life, academic resources, and more;
- Integrate more effectively into college life, both socially and academically, and feel more secure in their role as a college student with a disability;
- Cultivate a trusting relationship with someone who can provide support, listen, and offer helpful insight.
Who is eligible to be a mentee?
- Mentees must be registered with ODS
- (Supporting documentation received and approved by ODS at time of application)
- Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, grads
- Grad student mentees will be paired with a grad student mentor
How can I participate?
Applications submitted after 8/1 will be considered based on mentor availability.
- Attend the "Meet Your Match" Party Friday, 8/28
- Communicate with mentor at least twice per month, via text, email, or in person;
- Meet in-person with mentor at least once per month (1 hr minimum);
- Attend an individual check-in meeting with Lauren Accola (coordinator of COMPASS program)
- Notify Lauren of any concerns with mentor
For more FAQ about the COMPASS Peer Mentor program, please visit the COMPASS homepage.
Contact Lauren Accola at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-288-1645.