- Behavior Clinic
- Culture & Well-Being Lab
- Hartman Literacy Center
- Institute for the Transformation of Learning
- Latina/o Well-Being Research Initiative
Hartman Literacy and Learning Center
The Hartman Literacy and Learning Center is a teaching, research and service site housed within the College of Education designed to improve the quality of literacy instruction provided by teachers and the literacy acquisition of urban children.
Undergraduate teachers in training tutor inner-city Milwaukee school children. Faculty members review lesson plans and supervise tutoring sessions. Research examines factors that relate to growth in children's reading abilities. Research is also conducted to investigate the effectiveness of teacher training in literacy instruction by following graduates into their classrooms.
- One Life Changed by the Hartman Center: Markesha's Story
- Learn more about the work of the Hartman Center
- Learn about the Live to Dream Summer Reading Program funded by the Wade's World Foundation
- Support the work of the Hartman Center with as little as $20
- Information for parents