- Behavior Clinic
- Culture & Well-Being Lab
- Hartman Literacy Center
- Institute for the Transformation of Learning
- Latina/o Well-Being Research Initiative
ITL Programs and Support
The parental choice movement in Milwaukee and around the country involves public schools, charter schools, and private schools enrolled in a state-funded voucher program committed to improved school quality for our most vulnerable children. Schools working toward high student achievement for all children need advocates and networks to support their efforts. ITL is joined by the following organizations that support these schools.
- Milwaukee Summer Reading Project focuses on improving reading achievement over a six-week period during the summer and preventing summer regression, utilizing research-based best practices in reading.
Contact Ms. Cheryl Olp at (414) 288-0405 for more information.
- Black Alliance for Education Options seeks to increase access to high quality education options for Black children by actively supporting transformational education reform initiatives and parental choice policies that empower low-income and working-class Black families. See more at Black Alliance for Education Options.
- Great Schools Milwaukee provides information directly to parents about all Milwaukee K12 schools, how to choose and how to be good partners in their children's education. Contact Ms. Jodi Goldberg at (414) 477-3540.
- Independent Charter School Collaborative of Wisconsin supports charter schools sponsored by the City of Milwaukee, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Parkside. Contact Gayle Peay at (414) 288-1540 for more information.