Co-op and Internship Programs
Marquette partners with more than 100 leading engineering and technology firms to support its co-op and internship program. Our proud co-op tradition extends back to the founding of the program in 1919 as one of the first such programs in the country. Internships also open doors to full-time employment. Whether through co-op or internship experiences, students have the opportunity to refine their career path by gaining real-world experience.
- Full-time, paid employment alternating with academic semesters begins the summer, fall or spring term following sophomore year.
- Employers recruit co-ops from September of sophomore year through December of junior year; minimum of three work terms with the same employer.
- Student may earn one credit for each completed co-op work term; three co-op credits will fulfill a technical elective in their engineering curriculum.
- The Construction Engineering and Management program curriculum requires that the student complete the co-op program; for all other engineering majors the program is available and optional.
- Full-time, paid engineering employment.
- Employment is during summer and school breaks, does not occur during fall or spring academic semesters.
- Students might work multiple internships with the same employer or may choose to seek employment with a variety of businesses.
- No academic credit awarded.