Writing-Intensive English Major
Degree Offered: B.A. in Writing-Intensive English
Designed for students who wish to concentrate their efforts in the study of composition, rhetorical theory, professional writing, and creative writing as well as literature.
A wide variety of credit courses are offered in the following areas:
- creative writing
- professional and technical writing
- journalistic writing and magazine editing
- peer tutoring in the campus writing center
- internships with local arts groups, schools, businesses, nonprofit organizations
Writing-Intensive English Major Requirements
- Requires 36 credit hours of Writing and Literature courses
- Writing courses: 12 credit hours
- Literature courses: 24 credit hours
Requirements checklist for students:
For more information, contact Dr. Steve Hartman-Keiser, Director of Undergraduate Studies, or access Marquette's Undergraduate Bulletin.