Marquette Literary Review
Welcome to the Marquette Literary Review, Marquette University's student-edited creative writing journal. The Marquette Literary Review (MLR) is a selective showcase of outstanding poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual art drawn from MU's diverse community, including undergraduate, graduate, faculty, staff, and alumni writers.
The deadline for submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual art is 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) February 25, 2023.
- Submit no more than 2 prose pieces and/or a maximum of 5 poems (with a 5,000-word maximum per piece) in Microsoft Word or a compatible format such as Open Office. Artwork can be submitted in any exportable format.
- Include a cover page with your name, genre(s) of submission, and the title(s) of your pieces. Please number your pages. If submitting from a non-MU email, please also mention your MU connection (i.e. alum, student, staff, etc.), since the journal is restricted to MU writers only.
- The editorial process is selective (many more submissions are received than can be published) and "blind," with all identifying author information removed prior to reading.
- We read on a rolling basis and early submissions are encouraged. Send work by February 25, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The editors are unable to discuss the contents of individual submissions, due to the blind review process, but are happy to answer other questions. Volunteers who wish to work on the MLR team are also welcome. Contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Ben Pladek (email@example.com) for more information.
- Look for the latest issue in May, and get ready for the launch party!
Work published in the Marquette Literary Review expresses the individual perspectives of the journal's diverse contributors. It should not be understood to represent the views of the MLR editors; Marquette's faculty, staff, students, or administration; or any other group associated with Marquette University.