Marquette Literary Review
Welcome to the Marquette Literary Review, Marquette University's annual creative writing journal. The Marquette Literary Review (MLR) is a selective showcase of outstanding poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual art drawn from MU's diverse community, including undergraduate, graduate, faculty, staff, and alumni writers.
Submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual art are invited during our open reading period, February 1-March 25.
- Submit 1-2 prose pieces and/or a maximum of 5 poems in Microsoft Word or a compatible format such as Open Office. Artwork can be submitted in any exportable format.
- Please include your name on all submissions, title your pieces and number your pages. If submitting from a non-MU email, please also mention your MU connection (i.e. alum, student, staff, etc.), since the journal is restricted to MU writers only. A cover letter is not necessary.
- The editorial process is selective (many more submissions are received than can be published) and "blind," with all identifying author information removed prior to reading.
- We read on a rolling basis and early submissions are strongly encouraged. Send work by March 25 (at the latest) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The editors are unable to discuss the contents of individual submissions, due to the blind review process, but are happy to answer other questions. Volunteers who wish to work on the MLR team are also welcome. Contact the editors (Jenna Koch and Jessica Diebold) for more information.
- Look for the latest MLR in May, and get ready for the launch party!
Editorial Team (2021-22)
- Jenna Koch, General Editor, email@example.com
- Jessica Diebold, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work published in the Marquette Literary Review expresses the individual perspectives of the journal's diverse contributors. It should not be understood to represent the views of the MLR editors; Marquette's faculty, staff, students, or administration; or any other group associated with Marquette University.