- Graduation and Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, May 19, 4-5:30 p.m. (Central Time), via Zoom. Join us as we celebrate winners of our writing awards and all of our graduating seniors! Watch the recording here!
- Marquette Literary Review Launch Party: Friday, April 30, 5 p.m., via Teams. Contact Serina Jamison for the link.
- AMUW Eleanor H. Boheim Lecture: Tuesday, April 27, 7 p.m, via Zoom.: Dr. Antoinette Burton, Maybelle Leland Swanlund Professor of History at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, "The Humanities in Extra/ordinary Times." Register here.
- Publishing Panel: Wednesday, April 21, 4-5:15 p.m., via Zoom. Prof. Sarah Wadsworth will offer tips on working in publishing, while Profs. CJ Hribal, Elisa Karbin, and Brittany Pladek will offer tips on publishing your own creative work. Watch the recording here!
- Humanities Research Colloquium: Dr. Heather Hathaway, "Japanese American Writing during Incarceration," Monday, April 19, 4 p.m., via Teams. Contact Melissa Ganz for the meeting link.
- April Book Club: Discuss Colum McCann's Apeirogon with fellow students, faculty, and staff. Feel free to join the last two meetings even if you haven't attended prior meetings: Sundays, April 18 and 25, 7 p.m., via Zoom. Contact Leah Flack for the meeting link.
- "From Classes to Careers: An Alumni Panel": Wednesday, April 14, 5-6:30 p.m., via Zoom. Sponsored by the Departments of English, History, LLC, Philosophy, Theology, Political Science, and Social and Cultural Sciences. Watch the recording here!
- Narrative 4 organizational meeting: Wednesday, April 14, 1 p.m., via Zoom. Join us to help establish a chapter of Narrative 4 here at Marquette. Contact Leah Flack for the meeting link and contact Mara McAndrews with questions or to get involved in this initiative.
- Spring Open House and Six-Word Short-Story Contest! Join us on Tuesday, April 6, from 4:30-6:00 p.m., via Zoom to chat with fellow students and faculty, to learn more about our upcoming offerings, and to vote for your favorite stories.
- Trivia Night: Friday, March 26, 4-5:15 p.m. Join us for trivia questions, hosted by Amanda Harris '21, Maggie Sullivan '22, and Dr. Brittany Pladek. Email Melissa Ganz for the meeting link.
- Liminal Existences and Migrant Resistances Conference: March 24-27, 2021. Sponsored by the Center for Transnational Justice and the Department of English. The conference is open to all students, faculty, and community members; feel free to access the panel links in the online program. For more information or to be added to the list of attendees, contact Ibtisam Abujad.
February/March Book Club: Read and discuss Rebecca Makkai's The Great Believers (2018) with fellow students, faculty, and staff! Virtual discussions to be held on Sundays 7-8:30 p.m., beginning Feb. 21. Email Leah Flack for the meeting link.
Resume and Cover-Letter Writing Workshop: Tuesday, March 2, 5-6:15 p.m. Ms. Graicey Van Spankeren (Career Services), Dr. Melissa Ganz (English), and Dr. Samantha Majhor (English) offer tips for writing resumes and cover letters. Watch the recording here!
- Join us for the semester's first round of English Majors/Minors Zoom Social Hours! Wednesday, February 17, 5-6 p.m. and Friday, February 26, 4-5 p.m. Email Melissa Ganz for the meeting link.
- Dr. Tosin Gbogi, Poetry Reading + Open Mic, Friday, February 12, 4 p.m. Email Angela Sorby for the meeting link.
- January Book Club: Read and discuss Mikhail Bulgakov's Master and Margarita (1966-67) with fellow students, faculty and staff! Virtual discussions to be held on Jan. 3, 10, 17, and 31, 7-8:30 p.m. Email Leah Flack for the meeting link.
- End-of-Semester Celebration: Thursday, December 10, 4-5:15 p.m. Contact Melissa Ganz for the meeting link.
- Informal Book Discussion/Reading Group, hosted by the Undergraduate English Advisory Board: Friday, November 20, 3-4 p.m. Topic: Transgender Narratives. Email Jonathon Jimenez for more information.
- Trivia Night, hosted by the Undergraduate English Advisory Board: Friday, November 13, 4-5:30 p.m. Email Amanda Harris for more information.
- Fall Open House/Six-Word Short-Story Contest: Wednesday, October 28, 4-6 p.m Submit your stories by 4 p.m.; join us to read and vote for your favorite stories. Email Melissa Ganz for the meeting link!
- Dr. Tosin Gbogi presents "In the Belly of the Earth: On Place and Displacement in Modern Nigerian Poetry" at the Humanities Research Colloquium, Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 4-5:15 p.m.
- First-Year Check-In Meetings with English faculty: Tuesday, September 8 through Friday, September 18.
- English Department (Virtual) Retreat: Friday, August 14, 2020, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Undergraduate (Virtual) Graduation and Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, May 13, 4-5:15 p.m. Central Time, via Zoom.
- Marquette Undergraduate Humanities Conference: Saturday, April 18 **Postponed**
- Shakesepare/FAME event: Wednesday, April 15, 5 p.m. **Postponed**
- Larry Watson Celebration: Tuesday, April 7, 12:30-2 p.m. **Postponed**
- English Department "March Madness" Event: Wednesday, March 25, 4-6 p.m., Marquette Hall 105 **Postponed**
- Liminal Existences and Migrant Resistances Conference: March 20-21, 2020 **Postponed**
- Dr. Angela Sorby presents "Vikings in Nineteenth-Century American Poetry," Humanities Research Colloquium, Wednesday, February 26, 5-6:15 p.m., Marquette Hall 105.
- Events at the Ott Writing Center: February 2020
- Open House and Six-Word Story Contest: November 6, 2019, 4-6 p.m., Marquette Hall 105.
- Dr. Elizaveta Strakhov presents "Canonizing Chaucer in the Hundred Years War," Humanities Research Colloquium, Wednesday, September 18, 4-5:15 p.m., Marquette Hall 105.
2010-2019: See our archive of events sponsored by FAME (Friends and Alumni/ae of Marquette English.