About Future Milwaukee
For over 40 years, Future Milwaukee (FM) has been a community partner in the development of Milwaukee's area leaders. Many public, private, and nonprofit professionals have traveled along the FM path, creating an ever broadening web of connected and committed residents. Over 1,500 alumni have contributed their leadership gifts to positions in government, business education, religious and non-profit institutions.
History of the Program
Beginning in 2005, Future Milwaukee became affiliated with Marquette University. Our mission is to develop, motivate and empower diverse, ethical leaders who create positive change throughout Milwaukee through effective civic engagement.
Future Milwaukee Graduates
- Ethnic diversity: 38 percent people of color (including African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, and those from the Asian-Pacific and Indian subcontinent)
- Gender diversity: 60 percent women; 40 percent men
- People with disabilities
- Age diversity from early 20s to mid-60s
- Employment diversity: 50 percent from private sector; 40 percent from nonprofit sector; 10 percent from government sector
- Geographic diversity from the four-county Greater Milwaukee area