The Implementation Team is comprised of faculty from across campus who are all committed to the goals of the ADVANCE program.
- Jeanne Hossenlopp, Ph.D., Vice President for Research & Innovation and Professor of Chemistry
- Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp is Marquette University’s vice president for research and innovation. She is a professor of chemistry, served as vice provost for research and dean of the Graduate School from 2010 to 2015. In her current role, Hossenlopp is charged with facilitating growth in campus research and scholarship as well as work to build inclusive culture of innovation which includes management of the university's Explorer Challenge and support of the President's Challenge.
- Cris Ababei, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. Cris Ababei is an assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering. He studies network-on-chip based multicore processors and data centers, distribution networks and smart buildings, and more.
- John Borg, Ph.D., Professor and Chair of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. John Borg is a professor and chair of mechanical engineering, studying shock physics, hydrodynamic stability and turbulence, fluid dynamics, and aerodynamics.
- Elizabeth Ellinas, M.D., Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
- Dr. Elizabeth Ellinas is an associate professor of anesthesiology at MCW, and Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs.Since 2007, she has served as Chief of Obstetric Anesthesia at Wheaton-Franciscan Medical Center – St. Joseph, and since 2009 in the same position at Froedtert Hospital’s Birth Center. This has allowed her to combine the two centers to create a cohesive Obstetric Anesthesia group.
- Debra Oswald, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Debra Oswald completed her doctoral work in Social Psychology at Saint Louis University and a postdoctoral fellowship in Quantitative Psychology at the University of Illinois. Dr. Oswald teaches Psychology of Gender, Psychology of Prejudice, and Social Psychology. Her research applies social psychological theories to a wide variety of topics.
- Andrea Schneider, J.D., Professor of Law and Director, Institute for Women’s Leadership
- Professor Andrea Schneider joined the faculty of Marquette University Law School in 1996. She is the inaugural director of the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Marquette University and also serves as the Director of the nationally ranked ADR program at Marquette University Law School.
- Rosemary Stuart, Ph.D., Professor of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Rosemary Stuart is a professor of biological sciences, researching mitochondrial bioenergetics and cell biology. She is co-director of MU4Gold Scholars, a program for highly motivated undergraduate students starting in the their freshman year to engage in the process of research and discovery with faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Lucas Torres, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Lucas Torres is a professor of psychology, studying issues of mental health disparities or the psychological difficulties experienced by members of underrepresented groups. He is also the co-Director of the Latina/o Well-being Research Initiative (LWRI).
- Jennica Webster, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Management and Co-Director IWL
- Dr. Jennica Webster is a co-director of the Institute for Women’s Leadership and an Associate Professor in the Department of Management. Her research focuses on the types of workplace relationships, climates, and processes that impact the experiences, health and wellbeing of women and traditionally disadvantaged groups.
- William Welburn, Ph.D., Vice President for Inclusive Excellence
- Dr. William C. Welburn is the vice president for inclusive excellence for Marquette University’s Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion. As executive director, Welburn is responsible for leadership in setting a strategic direction on campus diversity and inclusion by working with faculty, administrative, staff and student communities on a range of issues leading toward a more inclusive Marquette.
- Renee Hill, ADVANCE Coordinator
- Renee Hill joined Marquette's Office of Research and Innovation in 2020 as ADVANCE Coordinator.
- Erick Herrera Hernandez, ADVANCE Graduate Assistant
- Erick Herrera Hernandez is a doctoral student in Clinical Psychology and the graduate assistant for the ADVANCE team.
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Computer science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Social and Cultural Sciences
- Educational Policy and Leadership
- Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology