The Virtual Reality Room provides a place for students and faculty to experience and experiment with virtual reality as a way to enhance learning and teaching. Virtual reality is great for simulating different environments or to create visualizations that aren't possible in the real world.
The Virtual Reality Room contains an Oculus Rift (with controllers) that is connected to an HP EliteDesk 800 G4 PC.
- CPU: i5-8600 (3.1GHz, 6 cores)
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 G
Apps/Games on Oculus Headset
Some of the apps and games currently installed on the headset include (but not limited to):
- Anne Frank House VR
- Blocks by Google
- Dreams of Dali
- Home - A VR Spacewalk
- I am a Man
- JigSpace VR
- Jurassic World: Apatosaurus
- MasterWorks: Journey Through History
- Mission: IRS
- Robo Recall
- Sharecare VR 2017 (anatomy)
- The NASA SLS VR Experience
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- The Body VR (anatomy)
- This is Our Future
VR Room Policies and Safety
- The Virtual Reality Room is only available to the Marquette community.
- The VR Room can be scheduled for 2 hour blocks.
- No food or open beverages are allowed in the VR Room.
- Please do not move the equipment or cables.
- Additional software may be installed upon request, but only by library staff.
While using the Virtual Reality Room, please keep the following in mind:
- Ensure controllers are secured to your wrists.
- Stay within the boundary grid while in use (indicated by yellow tape on floor, and by grid within VR app).
- Keep chairs and other belongings outside of the boundary grid.
- Be aware of where the cables are during use.
Ready to Get Started?
The Virtual Reality Room is located in the Digital Scholarship Lab (on the lower level of Raynor Library). To reserve the room, fill out the reservation form (make sure to select the Virtual Reality Room from the category dropdown). The Oculus headset and controllers must be checked out from the Digital Scholarship Lab service desk before use, and have a checkout period of two hours.
Please contact the Digital Scholarship Lab with any questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.