Faculty Services during COVID-19
For the most current information about accessibility and hours for the library, please continue to check the COVID-19 service updates on our website.
Finding Online Resources
- Most of the library’s online resources are available via simple login from the library website, but a few require use of the university VPN. For the latter, see the library’s remote access instructions.
- Your library liaison can help you locate resources that can be used online. Contact them if you would like assistance.
Obtaining Scans of Articles and Book Chapters
If you are a Marquette faculty member and need an article or book chapter from material in our collections, you can request a scanned copy of it using ILLiad; follow the steps below. We will fulfill your requests to the fullest extent possible, taking into account staffing capacity and copyright law as the university determines to be appropriate.
- Submit your request through ILLiad.
- Use the “Logon to ILLiad” button to register if you haven’t used ILLiad previously.
- Once you are in ILLiad, use the “periodical article” or “book chapter” option under “New Request Copy.”
- Provide full citation information for the material you are requesting. It will slow down processing of your request if your citation is incomplete.
- Use judgment in the number of requests you submit at one time knowing there may be high demand for this service.
- You will receive an e-mail from the library's Interlibrary Office notifying you that your article or chapter has been scanned (DELIVERED TO WEB) and providing you with instructions for accessing it.
- You can access your material using the link provided in the email.
Other Current University Resources for Faculty
Find the full list of current university resources for faculty.