MARQCATplus Help - Display
Raynor Memorial Libraries | Law Library
Using the Faceted Display
Common characteristics (facets) of the results are displayed in menus in the left-hand margin. These menus provide a breakdown of the results based on each type of characteristic. The list below provides some common facets, but it is not comprehensive - the facets displayed will vary depending on the subjects you search for.
- Date range: use the slider bar to change the date range for your results
- Format types (e.g. academic articles, books, magazine articles, reports, trade articles)
- Publication title
- Geography (geographic regions discussed within the item)
- Location (physical locations in the library)
- Collection (named collections in the library)
- Database (from which the item is retrieved)
This detailed breakdown provides the opportunity to explore the results by selecting various combinations of characteristics. For example, if you want only academic articles, click on the Format Types link for Academic Journals.
You can undo any facet selection you make by clicking on the X near it in the Refine Search box at the top of the left-hand margin.
Can't find the answer here? Ask a Librarian!