- Tips for using Teams sites
- Tips for using Teams channels
- Create a Microsoft Team (Teams site)
- Instructors: Control Teams Class Sites via CheckMarq Faculty Center
Create a Microsoft Teams Site
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INSTRUCTORS
Before creating your own Teams site for a course, please note that you would need to manually enter all the members into the Teams site. For example, if the Teams site is for a class section, you would need to manually add each student to the Teams site. As of Spring 2020, IT Services automatically creates Teams class sites.
To create a Team (Teams site)
- Launch Microsoft Teams.
- In the left column, select the Teams icon.
- In the upper right, click or tap the Join or Create Team button.
- The "Join or Create Team" screen appears.
- In the upper left, click or tap the Create Team button.
- Select the Other type for your Team.
When IT Services creates Teams sites, the Other option is selected.
This Other choice avoids some extra features. For example, if an instructor were to choose the Class option for Teams site creation, that Teams site would include assignments and grades. For course Teams sites, those extra features may compete with the D2L course site. Choosing the Other option omits these features, keeping them on D2L where students expect them.
Once you select a Team type, you cannot reverse the choice. If you chose the wrong type of Team, you can create a new Team using the Other option.
Please contact the IT Services TechSquad for questions about Microsoft Teams.