- Create a meeting from a Teams channel
- Schedule recurring Teams channel meetings
- Ensuring confidential Teams meetings
- Create a meeting from Outlook Calendar
- Find and send Join Teams Meeting link
- Students: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
- Instructors: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
Find and send the Join Teams Meeting link
Occasionally, a student or meeting attendee may have trouble finding Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link for a meeting you created. Or maybe you need a guest speaker to join the Teams meeting. Learn how you can send the join link to someone who needs it.
If the Teams meeting was created from the D2L widget
Instructors: If you created the online class session/meeting via the D2L widget and used Classlist to email the meeting details to students, log into D2L. Access the join link from your D2L Classlist Sent Mail. Or get the join link from a D2L News Item, if posted. Meetings generated from the D2L widget do not appear in your calendar.
Get the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link and details
Before the meeting:
- If not a D2L-created meeting, go to your calendar in Outlook on the Web Calendar, Microsoft Outlook calendar or Microsoft Teams calendar. Note that the Microsoft Teams calendar has the same event items as your Outlook Calendar. (If the Calendar icon does not appear in the left column of Teams, click or tap the three-dots/more actions icon, then select Calendar.)
- Browse to the meeting event item on your calendar, making sure it's the correct meeting.
- Double-click to fully open the specific calendar event item for your online class session/meeting. If you single-click, a pop-up preview of the event may appear, and the preview may not show you what you need.
- Highlight and copy the meeting details: the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link, the call-in number and the conference ID.
- Paste the meeting details into a message to the recipient.
During the meeting:
- From the meeting controls, click or tap the Participants icon.
- The Participants panel opens.
- Click or tap the Copy Join Info link icon.
- Meeting details, including the join link, are copied to your device's clipboard. Paste the meeting details into a message to the recipient.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.