- Share a PowerPoint slideshow in a Teams Meeting
- Share your screen in Teams as a single window vs. entire desktop (Microsoft Support link)
- Share your computer audio: for YouTube and other multimedia; Windows only
Include Computer Sound when Sharing
If you plan to share an audio file or video clip during a Microsoft Teams meeting, you'll want participants to hear the sound from your computer. As you set up screen sharing in Microsoft Teams, be sure to activate the "include computer sound" setting. Note that include computer sound is only available for Windows. Microsoft is working on a solution for Macs.
- To share your screen, click or tap the Share content icon.
- Sharing options appear. Click or tap "Include computer sound." Then select a sharing option: Desktop, Window, PowerPoint or Whiteboard. Learn more about these four sharing options.
- All audio from your computer — such as the sound from a YouTube video and even notification chimes — will be shared with the meeting participants.
If you forgot to select "Include computer sound" before sharing, you can activate the setting while presenting. Hover your cursor at the top of the screen to reveal the Presenting toolbar. Select the "Include Computer Sound" icon.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.