- Tips for using Teams sites
- Tips for using Teams channels
- Create a Microsoft Team (Teams site)
- Instructors: Request Microsoft Teams sites for your courses
Instructors: Request Microsoft Teams Sites for Courses
Starting Dec. 17, Spring 2021 Teams class sites are automated
IT Services will create Microsoft Teams sites for all course sections for the spring 2021 term. This automation will replace the one-by-one request process used in past terms.
The automated Teams creation process for spring 2021 will begin Thursday, Dec. 17, and may take several days to complete. Instructors will receive an email confirmation as their Teams sites are created. Students will be automatically added to the Teams site just before the spring 2021 term begins. If an instructor already requested a spring 2021 Teams site via CheckMarq, nothing will be altered. The new process will not overwrite or duplicate the existing Teams site.
Note that this new process does not apply to J-Session courses starting in December. If you wish to use a Teams site for your J-Session course, see the instructions below.
For J-Session Fall 2020: Go to CheckMarq to request Microsoft Teams sites for courses
- Instructors: Login to CheckMarq and access Faculty Center for J-Session classes, which run in December 2020 and January 2021.
- Your course listings have a column for Create Microsoft Team.
- Click the Create Microsoft Team icon for each class section that needs a Teams site created.
What happens after requesting Microsoft Teams course sites for J-Session classes?
Please note it may take up to 24 hours for the all the steps in creating the site to complete. Here is what you can expect and what you can do to advance the process:
- What to expect: You will receive notice from Teams when you have been added to the Teams site. Next, the system will automatically load students, TAs, etc., about five days prior to the start of the class. You can review who has been added to the Teams class site by viewing the Teams site membership list.
- For Teams sites requested via CheckMarq: IT Services automates the addition and removal of students from Teams sites, based on current enrollment status.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.