- Roles in a Teams meeting
- Facilitating Teams meetings
- Prevent videoconference bombing
- Promote an attendee to presenter
- Use Presenter View with PowerPoint
- Mute all in a Teams meeting
- Prevent muted attendees from unmuting
- Reset your Teams audio conferencing PIN
- Use Teams with a speaker phone
Mute all in a Teams meeting
As an instructor/meeting organizer or presenter, you can mute participants in your Teams meeting.
Mute all participants in the meeting
- From the meeting controls, click or tap the Participants icon to reveal a menu.
- A Participants panel appears on the right. Note sections in the Participants panel such as "In this meeting," Presenters or Attendees. If sections are collapsed, click or tap each section to show current participants to see if they are muted.
- If some participants are unmuted, click or tap the Mute all button.
- This prompt appears for each section you mute: "Mute everyone? This will mute everyone in the meeting but you."
- Muted participants will be notified that they have been muted in the meeting.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.