- Create a meeting from a Teams channel
- Schedule recurring Teams channel meetings
- Schedule Q&A for a Teams non-channel meeting
- Schedule Teams webinar meetings
- Ensuring confidential Teams meetings
- Create a meeting from Outlook Calendar
- Find and send Join Teams Meeting link
- Students: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
- Instructors: Create a Teams meeting from D2L
Schedule Q&A for a Non-channel Teams Meeting
Looking to have written questions submitted from attendees in a Microsoft Teams meeting? The Q&A app lets you field questions in a non-channel meeting. (A non-channel meeting is a Teams meeting scheduled from Outlook calendar or Teams calendar in which all invitees are specified by name. Channel meetings do not currently use the Q&A app.)
Setting up the Q&A app
- Schedule a Teams meeting with at least one other person invited. Do not invite a Teams channel to the meeting.
- After the meeting is scheduled, edit the meeting.
- In the top tab bar, click or tap the plus-sign icon on the right.
- A window appears to add apps. Select the Q&A app.
- Click or tap the Add button to add the Q&A app to your meeting.
- You are prompted for options. You can allow or disallow attendees to ask new questions or respond to conversations. You can allow or disallow meeting organizers to moderate attendee conversations. Note that once moderation is turned on, it cannot be turned off for the meeting.
- After setting options, click or tap the Save button.
- The Q&A tab appears on the meeting, and Q&A can be used in the scheduled Teams meeting.
Using the Q&A app
Watch this two-minute video to see the Q&A app in action.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.