- NEW: Teams meeting recordings and expiration
- About Teams meeting video recordings
- Accessing video recordings for Teams channel meetings
- Accessing video recordings for Teams meetings that do not use a Teams channel
- Additional changes to Teams meeting recordings
- Sharing Teams meeting video recordings with persons outside of Marquette University
Changing expiration dates on Teams videos from Teams chat posts
Teams video recordings may be set to expire, sending the video to the recycling bin for 90 days before deletion. Follow these steps to modify the video's expiration settings from a Teams chat post.
- You must be the OneDrive video owner to follow these steps. Launch Microsoft Teams.
- In the left column of Microsoft Teams, click or tap the Chat icon.
(Note: Some faculty and staff do not have Teams chat. Here's why. If you lack Teams chat, follow the OneDrive Recordings folder instructions instead.)
- Browse for the chat post with the Teams video recording. The chat item will be labeled as "Meeting title Recording is ready." Select the chat item to see the video recording link.
- The chat item appears. Note the warning "This recording is set to expire. View or change the expiration date here." Click or tap the "here" link or simply select the video thumbnail image.
- Your web browser opens, and the meeting recording video appears. In the upper right, click or tap the "i"/info icon.
- The detail pane opens on the left. Note the expiration date. If the video lists "no expiration" then no further action is needed to prevent expiration. If the video lists an expiration date and you want to change it, click or tap the expiration date field.
- Select from the menu options to extend the expiration. Options include "Extend by 7 days," "Extend by 30 days," "Extend by 60 days" and "Select a date." Or set the video recording to "No expiration" so that the video never expires. The change saves automatically.
- Close the details pane by clicking the "x" icon in the upper right of the details pane. You're done with changing the expiration date.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.