Get Involved

Marquette uses the four-point scale for GPA. Current students can look up their cumulative GPA via CheckMarq.

Access the Student Center via CheckMarq

Click here for details.

View my grades

In the drop-down menu of the Student Center's Academics section, select the Grades option and click the Arrow Button button. Select the appropriate term and click Continue. The View My Grades page appears. Your cumulative statistics as of that term, including your GPA, are visible in the Cumulative Total column of the Term Statistics section.

See also Look up my Major GPA

View unofficial transcript

Your current GPA is also listed on the bottom of your unofficial transcript.

How is my GPA calculated?

The grade points earned in any given course are equal the point value of the grade multiplied by the total number of semester hours of credit. For example, a grade of A (with a point value of 4.0) in a three-credit course yields 12 grade points.

Your grade point average is found by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of semester hours credited in those courses for which points have been assigned.

GradeAchievementPoint Value
A Superior 4.0
A-   3.67
B+   3.33
B Good 3.00
B-   2.67
C+   2.33
C Satisfactory 2.00
C-   1.67
D+   1.33
D   1.00
F Failure 0.00
WF Failure 0.00

Inclusion/exclusion of F grades in GPA calculation

Undergraduates who entered the university after the close of spring term 1991 had F grades included in the calculation of the GPA. This F-policy applies to current undergraduates.

For undergraduates who enrolled between fall term 1974 and the close of spring term 1991, the grade of F was not included when computing the GPA and continued to be excluded until the close of spring term 1999.

Readmitted undergraduates were graded under the F policy in effect at the time of their last enrollment until the close of spring term 1999.



The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar