Get Involved

The information on this page is for historical use only and has not been updated since 2009, when the university changed its course numbering system.

To see old course numbers and the number it was assigned in 2009, choose a subject and click go.

New Course Numbering at a Glance

  • 1000-1999: Usually taken by first-year students; introductory lower-division undergraduate courses

  • 2000-2999: Usually taken by second- or third-year students; lower-division undergraduate courses

  • 3000-3999: Usually taken by third- or fourth-year students; upper-division undergraduate courses

  • 4000-4999: Advanced upper-division undergraduate courses

  • 5000-5999: Post-baccalaureate or graduate courses that are cross-listed with upper-division undergraduate courses

  • 6000-6999: Master's-level courses; open to graduate students

  • 7000-7999: Professional-level courses; open to students seeking a professional degree

  • 8000-8999: Doctoral-level courses; open to students seeking a doctoral degree

  • 9000-9999: Special-needs courses (e.g., full-time equivalency courses, study abroad placeholder courses)


The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar