Alumni and Parents Giving Opportunities
MAKE A GIFT, GET A CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT!
Contribute to Marquette by December 31 and receive a St. Joan of Arc Chapel pewter ornament as our thank you. Limit one ornament per donor. Ornament is 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches.
If you are interested in designating your donation for the College of Nursing, please consider one of these 3 funds:
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Center for Clinical Simulation- Support our College of Nursing’s approach to educating future nurses with the latest technology and equipment.
- College of Nursing Community Outreach Fund- True to our Jesuit principles, this fund supports community outreach activities that help the greater Milwaukee community.
- Nursing Alumni Fund- Scholarship funding used to recruit the best and brightest incoming freshmen to the Marquette University College of Nursing.
1. To direct your donation, go to the DONATION INFORMATION section.
2. Select "Other Fund Designation" from the dropdown in the Designation box.
3. When you click Continue, you will be asked for GIFT DETAILS. Please cut and paste the name of
a fund above into the box asking you to "Provide details if other designation is selected."
4. Complete the rest of the form as instructed to finalize your donation and receive your ornament.
Making your donation is easy with this link. Thank you in advance for your contribution and for thinking of the College of Nursing -- and enjoy the beauty of the Christmas season!
Each year, thousands of Marquette alumni, friends, corporations and foundations support Marquette University and the College of Nursing. Annual, unrestricted gifts help the university meet its most pressing current needs. Restricted gifts to a specific endowed fund with College of Nursing can help you target your support to an area in which you have the most interest.
- Help Marquette Today with a gift that will enable the College of Nursing and all other Marquette colleges to meet current needs for scholarships, technology advancements, recruitment and retention of top-notch faculty, and faith-based programs.
- Scholar's Fund — current-use academic scholarships in all Marquette colleges
- Blue & Gold Fund — scholarships supporting student-athletes
- Marquette Fund — technology, faculty enrichment and faith-based programming
Help Marquette Today, and Forever, with your gift in support of crucial endowment funds.
Institute for End-of-Life Care Education
Marquette University is committed to improving the state of end of life care in this nation. We believe that peaceful death with dignity is a right for all persons and we're taking action to make that happen through:
- Course content to enhance nurses' competence in end-of-life care, such as grief and bereavement, ethical issues at end-of-life, and care for the dying child
- Ongoing continuing education programming relating to end-of-life care
- Distance learning modules on end-of-life care
- Lecture series for the College of Nursing faculty, university faculty and the community dealing with specific end-of-life issues
- Providing community information on topics such as legal issues and misconceptions about end-of-life symptoms
- Ongoing research related to end-of-life care patients and their families
Fully endowing the Institute for End-of-Life Care Education will enable the College of Nursing to appoint an End of Life chair to be the institutes director, as well as supporting the institutes operational costs, materials, faculty and online course development..
Institute for Natural Family Planning
Although bearing children is a holy purpose of marriage, many couples struggle with this aspect of Catholic life. Through natural family planning, the use of various methods helps women and men determine fertile and infertile times in order to achieve or avoid pregnancy. Thus Catholic families are better able to live within the faith and teachings of the Church. Marquette is the only Catholic institution in the United States that offers university-level courses for credit to prepare health professionals in NFP while providing research and direct services to families. The Institute for Natural Family Planning has a national impact on Catholic families through national conferences and training programs for couples, nurses, midwives and other medical personnel.
For additional information
If you are interested in making a contribution to the College of Nursing or Marquette University in general, please contact Travis Lamensky.
Zilber Hall, 321
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881