College of Nursing Commencement Information for Students
College of Nursing 2019 Commencement Information for Students
All graduates must order academic apparel (at no charge) on or before April 13, 2019 at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_marquette/. Shipping is available with order.
CAP AND GOWN Pick-Up Dates
Tuesday, May 14 Wednesday, May 15
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Alumni Memorial Union – Marquette Place, 2nd Floor
University Baccalaureate Mass
Saturday, May 18
- 4:30 p.m. - UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue
- This is an optional event and all are welcome to attend. No tickets required.
- Academic apparel is not required.
College of Nursing
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Al McGuire Center (770 N. 12th Street)
- Academic apparel (cap and gown) is REQUIRED.
- NO tickets required; seating for family and guests is first come, first serve.
- 6:30 p.m. – Doors open.
- 6:45 p.m. – Graduates report to the lower level gymnasium for line up.
- 7:30 p.m. – Ceremony begins and should finish by 9:30 p.m.
- When you get to the lower gymnasium please report to one of the tables to obtain a name card. This card will be used to read your name as you walk across the stage.
- The college staff will assist graduates with lining up for the processional.
- Family and friends will not be permitted to go down to the floor or the lower gym for any reason as this area is restricted/reserved for student/faculty line up and staff.
- Nursing Pins: The college will provide each student with a commemorative pin.
- Empire Photography will be taking photos at the ceremony.
- Attendance is REQUIRED; if for some reason you are unable to attend please contact the Assistant Dean of your program.
- Free parking is available in the Wells Street Parking Structure at 1240 W. Wells Street.
- Plentiful handicapped accessible seating at is available on a first come, first seated basis. Seats may not be reserved in advance.
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Fiserv Forum (1111 Vel R. Phillips Avenue)
- Academic apparel is REQUIRED.
- No tickets required.
- 9:30 a.m. -- Ceremony begins.
- Diplomas will be distributed to 2019 graduates after the ceremony.
- Diplomas will not be available at the Spring 2019 Commencement Ceremony for summer and fall term 2018/2019 graduates. Graduates may pick up diplomas at Marquette Central beginning May 22, 2019 or request shipping.
- Additional information at http://www.marquette.edu/commencement.