Office of Research and Scholarship
Welcome to the Marquette University College of Nursing Office of Research and Scholarship. The purpose of Marquette University College of Nursing Research Office is to support the advancement of research related activities of CON faculty, doctoral students and GRAs through providing excellent resources to support the various trajectories of research within the CON. The responsibilities of the College of Nursing Office of Research and Scholarship include but are not limited to:
- Proposal, manuscript and presentation preparation
- Data management
- Statistical consultation
- Identifying and acquiring research-related resources
- Facilitating research collaborations between faculty, doctoral students and other units within the University and other academic or community agencies.
- Continuing the development of faculty and student research expertise.
- Supporting ongoing evaluation activities within the College of Nursing.
Our office includes the Associate Dean for Research, the Research and College Office Coordinator, a statistician and five graduate research assistants (GRAs). The Associate Dean for Research is responsible for the activities and operations within the Office of Research and Scholarship. The Research and College Office Coordinator has direct responsibility for coordinating the requests for GRA assistance, maintaining various data bases of research activities within the College and the day to day activity of the Office of Research and Scholarship. The statistician is available to consult with faculty and students regarding research design and statistical analysis of data.
Services and resources available through the Office of Research and Scholarship:
- Literature searches and/or retrieval.
- Searches of funding databases and online archives.
- Location of funding agency guidelines and contacts.
- Coordinating with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) application development, including project budgets and outlines for budget justification.
- Providing boilerplates for letters, resource description, time lines, etc.
- Creating complex graphics and tables.
- Organizing internal and external proposal reviews
- Consultation regarding study design, power analysis & other sampling issues.
- Creation of scannable data-collection forms, using Teleforms.
- Graphic display of research findings.
- Research-related software: database, qualitative, and quantitative packages.
- Data entry, management & analysis.