Creating Microsoft Teams Meetings
Staff Meeting Leaders:
There are two ways to create a Microsoft Teams meeting. Note that instructors and students have three methods to create a Teams online class session/meeting.
1. Create the Online Meeting from Your Calendar
Note the video below shows scheduling a Skype meeting, but be sure to click or tap the adjacent Teams Meeting icon instead.
- Mac Users: Be sure to add someone to your meeting invitation to reveal the Teams Meeting icon.
- If you do not see the Teams meeting icon in Outlook, schedule using Outlook on the Web Calendar. When creating a new event via the Web, select the Teams meeting option, so the switch is active (blue means on).
Note that with Outlook on the Web Calendar, you won't see the meeting details — the join link, call-in number and Conference ID — until after the invitation is sent.
2. Or Create the Online Meeting from a Team Site Using a Channel
You'll need a Microsoft Teams site for this option. Watch the video below for instructions on creating the online meeting.
After the meeting is created, the meeting will appear in a Teams conversation, but the Team site participants won't be notified.
- To notify Team site participants of this new meeting, click or tap Reply.
- The reply text box appears. Type @team.
- You'll be prompted with the team's name as a suggestion. Select the team name.
- Your reply includes a mention of the Team site by name. Write a brief note about the meeting.
- Click the paper airplane icon to send.