Apartment Manager and Facilities Manager Positions
The manager positions are advanced employment positions within the Office of Residence Life that require confident, competent, and committed student leaders. The managers in both the residence halls and the apartments contribute to their residential communities through supervision of a building front desk, management of facilities concerns, and attention to building occupancy due to students moving in or out.
The ideal manager candidate is a current junior, senior, or graduate student who has two years of previous work experience, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at the time of application, and is in good standing with the university. Quality candidates will have a commitment to personal integrity and will be able to demonstrate good organizational, management, and interpersonal skills. Managers are expected to hold 10 office hours each week that occur both during University business hours as well as the evening for access to students. Academic program will be considered in regards to ability to fulfill the expectations of the position.
To learn more, click on the links below for the detailed job descriptions.
Manager Selection for Academic Year 2018-19
The Office of Residence Life is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Facilities Manager and Apartment Manager positions for 2018-19. Interested applicants must attend an information session to learn more about the position requirements and details of the application process. Attendance at the information sessions is required for an application to be considered.
Manager presentation 2018-19 from Renee Piquette Dowdy
All applicants must upload a cover letter and current resume. Applications and Recommendation Letters are due by Jan. 16, 2018.
- Manager Application Form - available via Handshake
- Login and search for Facilities Manager or Apartment Manager to find the position via Handshake.
- Reference: Two traditional letters of recommendation should be submitted. Only two total are needed even if applying for both the Facilities and the Apartment Manager positions. These can be sent the following ways:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Mailed to Office of Residence Life | Carpenter Tower, 203 | Attn: Manager Selection | PO Box 1881 | Milwaukee, WI 53201
- Faxed to (414) 288-5108
- Delivered directly to our office on campus at Carpenter Tower, 203
- As an option, they can be electronically uploaded on Handshaker.
- Presentation: Details are provided during the info session and then within the Handshake application. On January 19th, all presentations will be held.
If you have questions about the Manager Selection process, please contact Renee Dowdy, Assistant Director for Student Staffing and Training.
Note the following for your calendar:
1. All manager candidates will provide a 5 to 7 minute presentation. Details are discussed in the information session. You will present once even if you are applying to both the facilities and apartment manager positions. These will take place on Friday, Jan. 19, 2018. You will sign up via Handshake.
2. All candidates will participate in a 30-minute individual interview either on Jan. 19 for the Facilities Manager position or between Jan. 22 and Jan. 26 for the Apartments Manager position. You will sign up in Handshake. If you are interested in the Apartment and Facilities Manager positions, you will interview twice. You will only provide one presentation.