- Governing Councils
- Greek Awards and Honor Societies
- Greek Community Events
- Plan an Event
- Greek Life Staff
- Join Greek Life
- Risk Management
- Parents Resources
- Greek Relationship Statement
Be a Part of the Tradition
The Greek community at Marquette University has a long, rich tradition of fostering student involvement on campus. Fraternities and sororities have been a part of the Marquette community for over 100 years. Since 1900, students have chosen to become members of fraternities and sororities at Marquette because of the advantages the organizations provide.
Marquette Greek Life Mission Statement
As a Catholic, Jesuit university, Marquette Greek Life serves the university mission with integrity and aspires for excellence while respecting the dignity and diversity of its members. Our Greek community exists to enhance the lives of individuals by raising awareness and serving the needs of Marquette University and the greater Milwaukee community. Through the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood, Marquette Greek Life strives to strengthen its members through scholarship, leadership and service.
Some Facts About Greek Life
- The vast majority of U.S. senators, Supreme Court justices, and presidents have been members of fraternities or sororities.
- 85 percent of Fortune 500 company executives have been a part of the Greek community.
- Less than 2 percent of an average college student's expenses go toward fraternity dues. (U.S. Office of Education)
Center for Leadership, Service and Involvement
The Center for Leadership, Service and Involvement is a space created to support Greek organizations in their daily work. Highlights of the center include: a Printwise station, reserved meeting spaces and knowledgeable student staff available to support the needs of Greek organizations and their leaders.