Or you can bring your device to the Wired Office in Cudahy Hall, 238 for help.
MU Open Wi-Fi
You can register gaming consoles, smart TVs, digital media players and other devices for the MU Open Wi-Fi network.
Not all devices are meant for MU Open Wi-Fi. Students, faculty and staff should use MU Secure Wi-Fi for smart phones, tablets, laptops or desktops.
Find the device's MAC address
Before you can register your device, you'll need to find its MAC address — short for Media Access Control. The MAC address might also be called Wi-Fi Address, Wireless MAC Address or MAC ID. MAC addresses contain six pairs of letters and numbers, separated by colons or hyphens (e.g., 78:4F:43:83:20:0B). Some devices might have the MAC address labeled on the device. Or you may need to access the device's settings to find the MAC address.
IT Services recommends you check the manufacturer's website for instructions on locating the device's MAC address.
Register your devices to allow them to connect to the internet
You can register up to five devices for MU Open Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your device(s) are powered on, and you are on campus near a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Identify the MAC addresses for your devices. Learn how to find the MAC address for some of the most common devices.
- Using your computer:
- Navigate to https://mydevices.marqnet.mu.edu
- Enter your marqnet username and password and agree to terms and conditions
- Click "add" and enter the recorded MAC address for your device in both the "Device name" field, and the "device ID" field. After, click "Submit."
Please wait five minutes after adding the device and test your internet connectivity before contacting the IT Services Help Desk. If you determine that your device is unable to register with MU Open Wi-Fi, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799 for assistance.