Marquette University’s South Africa Service Learning Program is open to undergraduate students from any discipline enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Preference will be given to students of junior standing and above.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with a minimum 2.75 grade point average.
- Students must demonstrate knowledge or previous study of Africa.
Application Deadlines & Requirements
Spring semester study: October 1
Fall semester study: March 1
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline has passed. Students are required to submit the following information:
- Online application form
- Three recommendations (use the online system)
Volunteer or service learning reference
** Peer and/or family recommendations will not be accepted
- 500-word statement of purpose
Non-Marquette students have the following additional requirements (these forms are also available in the online system):