Paul France, Ph.D.
As part-time faculty, Dr. Paul France PhD teaches homeland security courses in the College of Professional Studies graduate programs. France is a graduate of the Homeland Security Master’s Degree Program at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS). The Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Homeland Defense & Security (CHDS) has been the nation’s premier provider of homeland security graduate and executive level education since 2002. France received his PhD in Education and Leadership. France has directly received training from a former senior director of the Israeli National Security Council and advisor to former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. In addition, he has received extensive terrorism/counter-terrorism, and homeland security training in Israel from the Israeli Military, National Police Force, and National Security Agency including the Shabak, Shin bet, and Mossad.
Dr. France has over 23 years experience within the public safety sector, with an extensive background in law enforcement, homeland security, and preparedness. Before accepting his current position as a Director with Wisconsin Emergency Management, France worked for the Wisconsin Homeland Security Program where he had an integral role in developing Wisconsin’s Homeland Security Strategy and policies. He was selected as a member of the National Homeland Security Strategy Review Board, a member of the National Preparedness Target Capabilities Working Group, and a member of the 2008 National Homeland Security Grant Review Leadership Team. Most recently, he was selected to be a member of the Nation’s Day After 9/11 Project focusing on future national level homeland security policy implications.
- CJAD 6931 Special Topics: Introduction to Homeland Security
- CJAD 6931 Special Topics: Emergency Planning for Leaders
- Northcentral Arizona University
- Ph.D., Education & Leadership
- Naval Postgraduate School
- M.A., Homeland Security & Defense
- University of Wisconsin
- B.A., Political Science; Minor in Criminal Justice
- SW Director – Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs (5 years)
- Director Operations & Administration – Wisconsin Homeland Security Program (4 years)
- Stakeholder Manager – U.S. Department of Homeland Security (TSA)
- Director of Law Enforcement Operations/Sr. Deputy – Dane County Sheriff’s Office (11 years)
- Homeland security policy
- Homeland security strategy & leadership
- Homeland security education
- Homeland Security's History. Inside Homeland Security Magazine, 6(2),30-33 (2009).
- Domestic Intelligence Gathering. Inside Homeland Security Magazine,
p. 52-55 (2009).
- Human Intelligence Gathering. Inside Homeland Security Magazine,
p. 26-29 (2009).
- Border Security. Inside Homeland Security Magazine, Volume 7, Issue 4, p. 19-22 (2009).
- Developing Emergency Managers. Emergency Management Magazine,
p. 58 (2008).
- Recognized for outstanding leadership in homeland security –
U.S. Senator Herb Kohl
- Recognized for outstanding achievement in homeland security –
U.S. Senator Herb Kohl and U.S. Congressmen James Sensenbrenner
- American Board for Certification in Homeland Security (ABCHS)
- Curriculum Review Committee, ABCHS
- Past vice chair of the Southeast Wisconsin Homeland Security Partnership
- Member of the former ad hoc National Homeland Security Review Board
- Advisory Board Member - Herzing University