Raymond (Ray) McGury, M.P.A.
Ray McGury joined the Naperville Park District in September 2008 with more than 27 years of community leadership, education and law enforcement experience. In his role as Executive Director, Ray oversees a budget of more than $41 million and is responsible for the overall management of a staff of 100+, and more than 1,100 seasonal employees. As the head of the District, he is additionally responsible for directing the operations and maintenance of more than 130 parks and facilities across 2,500+ acres, and the offering of more that 900 recreational, arts, athletic and environmental programs for all ages.
Prior to his employment at the park district, Ray served as a leading law enforcement professional with the Naperville Police Department for more than 20 years, retiring at the rank of police captain, and later at the Bolingbrook Police Department where he served as the Chief of Police since 2005.
- Northern Illinois University, M.P.A., Public Administration (2000)
- St. Xavier University, B.A., Criminal Justice (1982)
- Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command
- Rocky Mountain Executive Management Program
- PUBS 6581 Police Leadership & Ethics
- Adjunct Professor, Marquette University
- Instructor, Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
- Adjunct Professor, Center for Public Safety, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL
- Organizational behavior and development
Awards and Honors
- Police Chief of the Year, Illinois State Crime Commission
- Medal of Honor for Bravery, International Narcotics Officers’ Association
- Distinguished Service Award, Naperville Jaycees
- Kreml Leadership Award, Northwestern University
- Illinois Special Olympics
- St. Baldrick’s Cure for Pediatric Cancer
- Naperville Ribfest
- Volunteer Coach -
Naperville and Bolingbrook Park Districts and YMCA