Career Services Center
Holthusen Hall, First Floor
1324 W. Wisconsin Avenue
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Phone: (414) 288-7423
Fax: (414) 288-5302
E-mail | Staff Directory
- Applying to graduate or professional school can be costly. Application fees, transcripts, postage and examinations can cost a minimum of between $500 and $1000.
- Marquette University Graduate School Financial Aid
- Merit-Based Aid is determined by the academic accomplishments and scholarly promise of applicants, not by their financial need. Competition for these awards is great. To qualify for merit-based aid applicants must apply by the appropriate financial aid competition deadline and plan to be registered full-time.
- Tuition Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic ability and anticipated contribution to a field. Tuition scholarships involve no work or service beyond full-time registration. A tuition scholarship may be full or partial and will pay for tuition charges only.
- Graduate Assistantships are designed not only to provide for financial support of graduate students, but to meet the institutional needs of teaching and research. Duties vary considerably. A graduate assistant may be asked to assist faculty in reading and grading student papers and exams, be responsible for leading laboratory or discussion sections, teach formal classes, or undertake advanced research projects. A full graduate assistantship requires approximately 20 hours of work per week. Assistants may receive both a living stipend, in exchange for performing their work duties, and a tuition scholarship.
- Graduate Fellowships do not require work in exchange for stipends and/or tuition scholarships. The amounts of fellowships vary. Fellowships require nomination by individual graduate units. Most fellowships are given to senior graduate students rather than to first year students. A complete listing of fellowships and nomination procedures is usually in the school's graduate bulletin.
- Need-Based Aid is administered by an institution's Office of Student Financial Aid. Applicants must complete the FAFSA financial aid form.