Online Resource Series
Links to Marquette-specific resources, online subscriptions, and our favorite sites
- MU Career Manager
Your on-line access to job postings, on-campus interviews, career fairs, and campus career events. Employers login regularly to post positions and access your resume on-line. Register or validate your MU Career Manager account today.
- Access MU Career Manager
- Handout on using MU Career Manager (PDF)
- "What can I do with a major in?"
Wondering how to connect majors to careers? Click on MAJORS of interest to see outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
Used with permission by the University of Tennessee
- Access "What can I do with a major in?"
- GoinGlobal - Access to GoinGlobal is sponsored by the Office of International Education
Going Global is the ultimate international job seeker's guide. The site contains country-specific career and employment resources, worldwide internship and job listings as well as country-specific corporate profiles.
- Undergraduate/Graduate Students and Alumni will access GoinGlobal via MU Career Manager
- Additional information on using GoinGlobal
SimplyHired.com is a vertical job search engine that pulls listings from thousands of sites across the Web including the leading job boards, company career sites, newspapers, non-profits, government sites, and more. Simply Hired allows job seekers to search all of the jobs on the Web in one place for free.
- visit www.simplyhired.com
A search engine for jobs, allowing job seekers to find jobs posted on thousands of company sites and job boards.
Network with professionals using Linkedin . If you don’t already have an account - here is one good excuse to get one! To find us just search in groups for MUCSC and join.
- Access our MUCSC Group on LinkedIn
- Access the Marquette University Alumni Association (MUAA) Group on Linkedin
Lindsey Pollak, best selling career advice author and LinkedIn spokesperson's website:
Sign up for a free weekly tutorial on how to use LinkedIn for your job search!
- Reference USA
Reference USA is a database of 12 million companies and organizations. It is searchable by geographic location, SIC codes, company size, etc.
- Current Students, Faculty, and Staff Access Reference USA from an on-campus location.
- If you are connected from off-campus, you must have your browser set up to use the library proxy server. Learn how to connect to the proxy server.
- Alumni and Off-Campus Students, Faculty, and Staff please contact the Career Services Center for the password 414-288-7423 or email@example.com.
If you already have the username and password, click here
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook
The Occupational Outlook Handbook features: all 250 outlook statements from the print version of this annual government publication. This site includes hypertext links to related occupations.
- visit www.bls.gov
- O*Net OnLine Center
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work and occupational information for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
- visit www.onetonline.org
- Career Info Net
Find wages and employment trends, occupational requirements, state by state labor market conditions.
- visit www.careerinfonet.org
- NACE Salary Calculator and Salary Data Center
Explore compensation data as a job seeker or human resource professional.
- visit www.jobsearchintelligence.com/NACE
- Book of Lists
Access the most comprehensive coverage of local business news and information from major metropolitan cities across the country with American City Business Journals. Each business journal contains local leads that can provide job seekers with the opportunities they need to start or change careers.
- Access Book of Lists
- Digital Editions: Exact digital replicas of the weekly business journals, including all the lists and special publications. Read them online, or print/download selected pages . . . it’s your choice.
- Digital Book of Lists: Our most popular business resource containing the names and contact information of hundreds of rank-ordered companies.
- Unlimited Access to the Online Story Archive: Search 10+ years of business journal articles in HTML format.