Prerequisites for admission
Adequate preparation in engineering, mathematics and science is required. If a student does not have an adequate undergraduate background, some remedial studies may be necessary, depending upon the graduate field of specialization the student selects.
Applicants must submit directly to the Graduate School:
- A completed application form and
fee online at marquette.edu/grad/future_apply.shtml.
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges except Marquette.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- (For doctoral applicants only) a brief statement of purpose and copies of any published work, including master’s theses and essays.
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- (For doctoral and all international applicants) GRE scores (general test only).
- The GRE scores (General Test only).
Scores from the GRE exam are a requirement of admission for all students in the master's, doctoral, and accelerated degree programs.