Marquette University FAFSA School Code: 003863
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW…
- Let EOP Financial Aid staff know if you need assistance with private scholarships you were supposed to receive but the funds have not been sent to you or Marquette yet.
- Now is the time to begin your scholarship search for the 2013-14 academic year. As you identify scholarships that may not have opened up yet, bookmark or print the webpage and file the printout in your scholarship folder for future reference. There are innumerable sources of outside assistance. Click here to start your search.
It’s Time to Start Thinking Ahead for the 2014-15 Academic Year and Applying for Financial Aid
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION FOR ALL NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANCE IN 2014-15…
DON’T WAIT, ESTIMATE!
- Do not wait to file the FAFSA until your tax returns have been filed!
- Use income estimates and file between January 1, 2014 and February 15, 2014 to meet Marquette’s March 1 priority deadline at www.fafsa.gov
- We highly recommend both you and your parents file 2013 Federal Tax Returns early and electronically.
SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS ON TIME
- Make sure you have access to and read your Marquette Email where important notices are sent about deadlines and documentation you are required to submit.
- Make sure you check your To Do List in your CheckMarq Student Center regularly for documents needed or actions to be taken.
- Make sure item(s) are submitted within the deadlines noted on correspondence you may receive.
IF YOUR AID APPLICATION WAS SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION, COMPLETE THE FAFSA IRS DATA RETRIEVAL PROCESS
- Complete your 2013 Federal Tax Returns early and electronically.
- Starting February 2, 2014, the 2014-15 IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be available at www.fafsa.gov
- After 2013 tax returns are submitted to the IRS, allow two weeks for e-file and six to eight weeks for paper filing for your return to be available for transfer on the IRS website.
- If eligible, choose the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your and your student’s 2013 tax data from the IRS website to your 2014-15 FAFSA.
- By selecting the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, your tax-related information is automatically transferred to the FAFSA.
- Do not make any changes to the transferred IRS data.
- Be prepared to provide student and parent PINs before submitting the FAFSA or FAFSA Corrections.
For Eligibility Criteria and an IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial, visit http://mu.edu/mucentral/verify1415
IF NECESSARY, MAKE FAFSA CORRECTIONS
The first step to assure that
your financial aid will be ready for disbursement to your Bursar account
in August is to respond to your 2013-14 aid offer now. Follow these steps to accept or decline your aid for the upcoming school year:
- Parents and/or students who estimated income on the 2014-15 FAFSA must go back to www.fafsa.gov, select “Login” and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool after tax returns are filed. The FAFSA Central Processor will send an email reminder to those who provide a valid email address on the FAFSA.
For Amended Returns or Tax Filing Extensions, visit http://mu.edu/mucentral/verify1415