Marquette University FAFSA School Code: 003863
MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO KNOW
CHECK YOUR MARQUETTE EMAIL AND CHECKMARQ ACCOUNT EARLY AND OFTEN!
- Important notices regarding filing deadlines and required documentation are sent to you via email.
- Be sure you have access to your Marquette email and check your To Do List in your CheckMarq Student Center regularly for documents you need to submit or actions you need to take.
- Pay special attention to all deadlines and submit item(s) within the time frames noted on any correspondence you receive.
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Let EOP Financial Aid staff know if you expected to receive private scholarships and the funds still haven’t been sent to you or Marquette.
Now is the time to search for private scholarships for the 2014-15 academic year. There are innumerable sources of outside assistance. Click here to start your search.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR THE 2014-15 ACADEMIC YEAR
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION FOR ALL NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANCE IN 2014-15…
Don’t wait, estimate!
- We recommend both you and your parents file your 2013 Federal Tax Returns early and electronically and we hope by now you have used information from your returns to file your FAFSA for 2014-15. If you and/or your parents have not filed 2013 returns, use income estimates and go here to complete your FAFSA NOW.
- Once you have filed your FAFSA, you will receive an email once the information you submitted has been processed. Once you receive this email, return to the FAFSA website and print a copy of your 2014-15 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). Submit this paper copy of your SAR to Jackie Walker in the Marquette EOP Office.
If there is an asterisk (*) after the EFC on your SAR, your application has been selected for verification and you must complete the following steps:
- Obtain a 2014-15 Verification Worksheet from our office. You can also download this form and other Verification documents by clicking here. Complete the form (including all necessary signatures) and return it to Jackie Walker in the Marquette EOP Office with any additional supporting documentation.
- Determine if you are eligibility to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to transfer 2014 tax information to your FAFSA record. To see if you are eligible, click here.
- If you are eligible to use the FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval tool, you can complete the retrieval process within two weeks of e-filing your tax return or within six to eight weeks of filing paper returns by going here.
Click here to view an IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial.
- Allow two weeks if you e-filed your returns or six to eight weeks if you filed paper returns for your tax data to be available for transfer on the IRS website.
- You will need student and parent pins and copies of 2013 Federal Tax returns available for reference. When completing the IRS Data Retrieval process, you must enter the exact mailing address used when filing your and/or your parents’ returns.
- Do not make any changes to the transferred IRS data unless prompted to do so.