MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
REGISTRATON FOR SPRING TERM 2015 BEGAN NOVEMBER 3, 2014
- If you have an outstanding balance and have not signed a Payment Arrangement Agreement with our office, your account is considered delinquent and a Bursar registration hold (BR1) has been placed on your account.
- You will not be able to register for Spring classes until this registration hold is removed. In order to remove this hold, you must pay your outstanding balance in full, bring your account payments up to date per the terms of your Payment Arrangement Agreement, or stop by our office to sign a Payment Arrangement Agreement.
CHECK YOUR MARQUETTE EMAIL AND CHECKMARQ ACCOUNT EARLY AND OFTEN!
- Important notices regarding filing deadlines and required documentation are sent to you via email.
- Be sure you have access to your Marquette email and check your To Do List in your CheckMarq Student Center regularly for documents you need to submit or actions you need to take.
- Pay special attention to all deadlines and submit item(s) within the time frames noted on any correspondence you receive.
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
BE SURE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED OR DECLINED YOUR LOANS AND FEDERAL WORK STUDY (FWS)
- Go to the “Accept/Decline My Financial Aid” link in your CheckMarq account.
- Accept or decline any loans or FWS you have been offered for the 2014-15 Aid Year.
- Accepting your Federal Stafford Loan(s) may trigger the need to complete entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note (MPN). Go to StudentLoans.gov for additional information.
- Accepting your Perkins Loan will trigger the need to take additional action. Follow the instructions in the email sent by signmyloan.com.
- We have completed the final “mass disbursement” of refunds for the Fall semester.
- If you notice you have a credit balance (indicated by a minus sign preceding your Bursar balance on your ‘Finances’ page on CheckMarq, contact our office to see if you are eligible to have these funds refunded to you.
- If you have not done so already, SIGN UP FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT via the ‘Sign up for direct deposit refunds or student payroll’ link under your CheckMarq> Finances>My Account tab.
- Contact Jackie Walker if you have not received your private scholarship check(s) for the 2014-15 school year. This source of aid will affect your balance or refund until the funds have been received.
- The 2015-16 Scholarship season will begin soon. Be sure to update your scholarship profiles and pick up the Scholarship Links handout from our office. Click here for a list of private scholarships that is updated bi-weekly.