Boys & Girls Clubs of America/Urban Scholars Program
As an urban university, Marquette is committed to educating talented students from its surrounding community and similar urban areas across the country. Inspired by this commitment, the university proudly announces the Urban Scholars Program, providing up to 5 full-tuition awards to students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds who show great academic promise. Special consideration for students who are members of Boys & Girls Clubs of America; graduates of Cristo Rey Network high schools; graduates of Nativity Middle School or Notre Dame Middle School (both in Milwaukee).
The award is renewable each year of the recipient's four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing. The award is based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. For additional program details about this award, review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
- High school seniors from Cristo Rey network high schools and Milwaukee-area high schools or members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The February 1 Scholars Programs Applicant deadline is now passed.
1. Download the Scholars Programs instructions.
This packet of materials will guide you through program requirements.
2. Apply for admission into Marquette.
You'll need to have a completed application on file to apply for scholars programs.
3. Apply for scholars programs online.
Using this link, choose "Log in" under Returning User and enter your Marquette Application Account access credentials (access information was sent to the email address you used when applying). Click "Start New Application" to begin.