J. William and Mary Diederich Scholarship
The J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication is proud to offer the J. William and Mary Diederich Scholarship, a four-year (eight semester) full tuition scholarship to a Diederich College student.
Named after the college benefactors, J. William and Mary Diederich, the scholarship program has been established to assist meritorious, economically disadvantaged students who show leadership potential in the field of communication.
It is awarded annually to one incoming freshman and is renewable each year of a recipient's four-year undergraduate program, provided the recipient remains a student in the Diederich College and maintains a 3.0/B grade-point average. Eligibility for the award depends upon student need as determined by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. For additional program details regarding this award review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
- Full tuition
- Feb. 15
General Selection Guidelines
- High school seniors entering the Diederich College of Communication
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Interview required of finalists
- Applicant must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Students must meet two of the following:
- High school rank at or near the top 10 percent (when applicable)
- ACT composite of 28
- SAT composite of 1200
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all college preparatory courses