- Apply Today
- Master's and Doctoral Programs
- Application Instructions
- Request Information
- Contact the Graduate School
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Graduate Bulletin
- Graduate School Staff
- Contributing to the Graduate School
Application Instructions and Guidelines
Before You Apply for Graduate School
Thank you for your interest in applying to Marquette University Graduate School! Please read these general instructions prior to starting an application. They will answer many of the questions you may have and will save you time and effort. If you need assistance completing the online application, please contact the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137.
Submit an online application* and application fee.
*Students interested in applying for an Inter-University exchange program through UWM, MCW, or the Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium should make note of any additional steps.
*Prospective Nursing students must apply and submit all application requirements via NursingCAS.
*Prospective Speech-Language Pathology students must apply and submit all application requirements via CSDCAS.
Attach Supporting Documents
Attach the appropriate supporting documents to your online application.
- You must list in the application and submit official transcripts for all colleges or universities that you have attended, whether or not you received a degree or transferred the credits from the school. Marquette University transcripts need not be submitted*.
- Domestic transcripts (from colleges/universities in the United States) should be sent to the Marquette University Graduate School directly from your previous institution. Transcripts that pass through the applicant's hands will not be considered official, and neither will transcripts stamped "Issued to Student." If an institution distributes transcripts electronically, please have them send the transcript to email@example.com.
- Foreign transcripts that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation in addition to an official transcript. Please note that evaluations such as those from WES and ECE are not official transcripts.
USPS Mailing Address:
Marquette University Graduate School
Holthusen Hall, Third Floor
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Marquette University Graduate School
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53233
- More information about official transcripts.
*Prospective Nursing students must submit all application requirements, including Marquette transcripts, via NursingCAS
Submit Test Scores
- All test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Marquette University Graduate School.
- International applicants must also submit a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- For GRE and TOEFL score submissions, please use the Designated Institution (DI) code 1448. Speech-Language Pathology applicants should choose the Marquette University CSDCAS option (DI Code 7435). Nursing applicants should choose the Marquette University NursingCAS option (DI Code 0093).
- NDBE scores sent electronically from the ADA should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about official test scores.
Gather Letters of Recommendation
- We strongly encourage you to use the online system available as part of the online application. You should indicate on your application who your recommenders will be and send them an invitation through the online application. Your recommenders will receive instructions to upload their recommendation electronically.
- Letters should be submitted by those who can best speak to the applicant's past academic record and potential for future success as a graduate student. Ideally, at least some of these letters will be written by professors. Letters from employers and other relevant references are also acceptable.
Track Your Materials
- Log in to your online application status to your online application status page to see what items were received and what still needs to be submitted.
- Expect to receive a weekly reminder email about the materials that you still need to submit before the application deadline.
Receive Your Decision
- Expect to receive a decision approximately six to eight weeks after the application deadline. Each program has its own admission committee, and therefore the time frames for application reviews and decisions vary.
- As soon as an admissions decision is made, the Graduate School will send you official notification.