SOC Builder: Maintain Schedule of Classes
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
Basic data tab. If this will be a combined section same day, time, instructor and room enter only the Basic Data information.
- Class Section
- Component. Defaults to lecture. Change to lab, quiz or discussion as necessary.
- Associated Class Section. Must always enter a section number here either the same Class Section number or a linked section number if applicable.
- Instruction Mode
- Course Attributes (if applicable)
Meetings tab. If this will be a combined section, don't enter any meetings tab information.
- Facility ID. Enter only if your department assigns a restricted room(s). Also enter Online, SATBA (Study Abroad) and CP (Clinical Practicum).
- Add days and times. Add rows for multiple meeting patterns.
- Add meeting dates to include specific dates (rows) if the course is not meeting every week.
- Add Free Format Topic (title) if Variable Title Course (limited to 30 characters)
- Check Print Topic on Transcript if Variable Title Course
- Add or change Instructor. Choose appropriate Instructor Role from drop-down, choose Print or uncheck for no print and choose appropriate Access from the dropdown box.
- Add appropriate Room Characteristics
Enrollment control tab
- Set Requested Room Capacity. Be realistic and base this on past final enrollments of similar courses/sections or to meet the specific needs of the new course/section. The number you enter here indicates what size room will be assigned, not the enrollment cap.
- Set Enrollment Capacity. Enrollment capacity should not exceed the requested room capacity.
- Set consent, if applicable
Adjust class associations
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations
Class associations tab
- Adjust number of units (credits), for variable credit courses only, as necessary
Class requisites tab
- Adjust section requisites (prerequisites that are only enforced for that specific section)
Combined sections table
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Combined Sections
Last updated 8/20/2008