The Desk Receptionist (DR) position is the most visible position in the Office of Residence Life serving as the initial representative of the residence hall or apartment building on Marquette’s campus. The DR is first and foremost, a safety and security checkpoint for the building. DRs maintain a high standard of customer service when interacting with both residents/tenants of the residence halls/apartments as well as parents, facilities staff, and people outside of the university community.
The ideal DR candidate is a current student who has customer service experience, a minimum 2.00 GPA, and a desire to make an impact on the residence hall and apartment communities. Quality candidates will have a commitment to personal integrity, the ability to collaborate with team members, and demonstrate leadership characteristics in problem solving, interpersonal skills, and communication.
To learn more, check out the following link for more information:
If you have additional questions regarding the DR position, please contact Michael Gerard.
Interested applicants are encouraged to attend an information session to learn more about the application and interview process as well as the DR position requirements. Information sessions are not mandatory to attend for an application to be considered.
To Be Announced
Applications are available through MU Career Manager and the deadline for submission for 2015-2016 will be announced shortly.
Application for the DR position includes the following:
Please follow these instructions after clicking the DR Application Link:
1. Log into MU Career Manager using the link on the left side of the page using your emarq credentials.
2. Activate your MU Career Manager account and upload your resume.
3. If you ask for a resume critique, it will take two business days before you can log back in to apply for the job. A resume critique is not necessary to apply.
4. Log back in to MU Career Manager, select the My Account tab and then the My Documents tab and upload your writing sample (Word Document answering the prompts) and letter of recommendation.
5. Return to the job posting and request an interview.
6. Your application is complete once all documents are submitted.
DR Application - You will be taken to the DR Job Posting, but will still need to log in to MU Career Manager.
If you have questions about MU Career Manager, stop in to Career Services, Holthusen Hall, 1st floor.
The following was the selectiong timeline for 2014-2015. Information for next year (2015-2016)will be available by early December 2014.
Interview Sign Ups – Through MU Career Manager
Monday, March 31 - Wednesday, April 2, 2014
You will receive an email from Career Services inviting you to log in to Career Manger to set up an interview time for April 5 that works for your schedule.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Notification of Application Status
Tuesday, April 22, 2014