Dr. Astrida Kaugars
Dr. Kaugars is looking for research assistants to work in the Child and Family Health Lab at Marquette University. She also supervises undergraduate students working with psychologists conducting research at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Medical College of Wisconsin/Froedert Hospital. Students interested in any of the positions are encouraged to complete an application.
Current research topic
- Family management of children’s type 1 diabetes
- Parent-adolescent communication about health risk behaviors
- Evaluating a mindfulness intervention
- Psychosocial functioning of children seen in a pediatric cardiology clinic
Minimum 3.0 GPA. Candidates are expected to complete an application.
1 year commitment.
What will this lab experience provide to students?
- Opportunity to recruit participants
- Participation in data collection with children and caregivers in person and by phone
- Coding of questionnaires and observational behavior
- Completion of data entry tasks using SPSS
- Opportunity to complete an independent research project
- Participation in weekly lab meetings
Rewarding aspects of working as a research assistant
- Experience working with different aspects of the research process
- Learning how to work as part of a research team
- Direct interactions with children, caregivers, teachers, and multidisciplinary team members in medical and school settings
E-mail Dr. Kaugars at Astrida.Kaugars@marquette.edu to obtain an application.