First-Year Students: Apply Today
Start your Marquette application!
You can apply to Marquette using our application or the Common Application. Links to both applications are listed below. There is no preference of one application over the other, so feel free to apply using that application that's best for you. Take a moment to review the deadlines, required materials and additional notes on this page. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Marquette's First-Year Student Application
The Common Application
Click here if you're applying as a transfer student
Please note, first-year applicants seek to enroll as full-time undergraduate students at Marquette University. Any student enrolled in high school or any full-time-seeking student who has not earned postsecondary college credit may apply as a first-year student. High school students enrolled in college course work while in high school (dual enrollment) are also first-year applicants.
International students (non-U.S. citizens) who match the characteristics above can apply as first-year students, but have unique requirements and should visit the Office of International Education for instructions.
- Complete Early Action applications for Fall 2024 received by November 15, 2023 will receive a decision by December 15, 2023.
- Complete Regular Decision applications for Fall 2024 received by January 15, 2024 will receive a decision by February 1, 2024.
- Complete timeline
What you'll need to complete your application:
(For a detailed distribution of admitted students' GPA, ACT and SAT data, visit this page.)
Other items you might submit:
- Additional personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- College transcripts, upper level IB scores and AP exam scores (These may be sent at a later time and are not needed for freshman application review.)
Upon receipt of your application, we will email access information for your online application account. Through this account, you may return to your application and check the status.
What we look for: