This set of instructions is provided for those responsible for delivering items to Marquette University
All vehicles are strictly prohibited from access to or driving on all interior campus spaces including pedestrian malls, both on south campus and on general campus areas, unless previous approval has been obtained from Parking Services and such access is required for emergency situations, service, or deliveries impractical in any other way. Pedestrian walkways enclosed by bollards, such as the area along 11th street west of Carpenter Tower, are restricted to university or other vehicles who absolutely need to enter the area for legitimate business necessity.
- Vehicles are to proceed to their destination from the closest designated location, using the shortest route possible, unload their vehicle and proceed to an approved parking space unless arrangements are made with Parking Services to leave the vehicle for an extended period of time.
- At no time, are vehicles allowed to enter or exit interior campus spaces by “jumping” or driving over a curb.
- Vehicles will drive safely, at speeds of no more than 5 mph, and are required to drive with their headlights and flashers on.
- Vehicles will drive only on concrete or asphalt surfaces of sufficient width to allow both vehicular and pedestrian movement.
- When parking at any university building, vehicles will be parked at loading docks in all cases, unless an emergency is present or work-related circumstances require the vehicle to be parked in another location. Vehicles will not park in front of building entrances.
- Vehicles will not park in a way that will block or prohibit the passage of emergency vehicles. If more than one vehicle is needed for a delivery, ample space must be provided between vehicles to allow the passage of emergency vehicles. An individual must remain with the delivery vehicle in case the need to move the vehicle arises unless the vehicle is parked in a designated loading dock.
- Vehicles must stop and wait for all pedestrian traffic to pass before continuing to move. Vehicles must stop when classes are changing, approximately 10 minutes before the hour until the top of the hour.
- The university will require vendors to use the smallest possible vehicle when making deliveries to campus.
- Traffic on campus should be minimized during times of student activity (e.g., Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.).
- If a vehicle is found to be in violation of this policy, Public Safety may issue a ticket and additional action may be taken as warranted.
To register your vehicle, call Parking Services at (414) 288-6911