Course and site listing for Heidi Paquette
HEAL 1200 Women's Health
Course Learning Objectives Relating to Service Learning:
- Analyze the effects of general life style on a woman’s health.
- Identify factors which increase health risks specifically related to women.
- Understand the physical and psychological changes and issues related to the reproductive years.
- Understand the impact of aging on a woman’s life.
- Discuss social trends impacting on a woman’s role and health.
- Discuss international aspects of women’s health.
- Develop an informed position on consumer rights and responsibilities in the health care system.
- Discuss a research agenda on women’s health.
- Negotiate for better health care with their providers.
- Develop a personal plan for optimal wellness and health maintenance