Fall Dates 2015
- 8/31- Classes Begin. Students will take Philosophy of Human Nature together
- 8/31-9/11 - Site orientations. All orientations are mandatory, and will include a tour of the site, an introduction to your site contact, an overview of the service you will be participating in, and time to submit any required paperwork, as well as have your contract signed.
- Week of 9/14- Students will begin service at assigned sites.
- September - Retreat. All of the Dorothy Day participants will be required to attend a retreat in September (date TBD). This retreat will allow you to get to know other participants, learn about Dorothy Day, identify expectations for the program, and develop an understanding for a shared definition of social justice that the DDSJ community is working toward.
Spring Dates 2016
- 1/19- Classes Begin. Students will take Philosophy: Theory of Ethics together
- Spring Retreat- Date TBD. This retreat goes beyond building a community and recognizing how we connect with those right in our neighborhood.