Address: 2821 N. 4th St., Suite 202
Transportation: Take the #30 or #10 East to Plankinton St., then take the #19 all the way to the 2800 block of 3rd (get off at W. Hadley St. and walk one block west to 4th St. and then about a half block north on 4th street).
PLEASE NOTE: At night, we recommend that you travel by car.
Approximate Travel Time by Bus: Main Office: 20 minutes
Approximate Travel Time by Car: Main Office: 10 minutes
No set orientation; site contact will contact you with the time and days.
Days/Hours of Operation:
- Case Manager: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Women AODA Support Group: Monday 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Men AODA Support Group: Tuesday 5:30pm-7:00pm & Friday 6:00pm-7:30pm
Description of Agency/Activities: Project RETURN was designed to aid in reducing recidivism of ex-offenders by providing services viewed as necessary for adjustment back into mainstream society. Services address needs of housing, family/community connections, education, job development, and personal well-being.
Student Role in Agency:
- Support Groups: Students will have the opportunity first to observe and then to help co-facilitate a group. Groups take place several times per day in one and a half hour sessions on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. All participants are adult ex-offenders. Group topics will include AODA, anger issues, cognitive thinking issues, family relationships, work related problems, and children's problems. Some preparation before the groups, and some debriefing after the groups will be necessary and important to your learning. The staff members at Project Return request that only two students observe each group.
- Walk-in Client Hours: Service learners will assist with clients in the office. Service Learners will assist case managers as they work with clients, as well as assisting clients in the computer lab.
Commitment: One half hour orientation and attend support group once a week.