Address: 2821 N. 4th St., Suite 202
By car: Get on I-41/I-43 N. Follow I-41/I-43 to N 7th St.. Take exit 74 from I-41/I-43. Turn right onto W Locust St. Turn right onto N 4th St.
- Approximate Travel Time: 6 minutes
By bus: Take the #30 or #10 east. Get off at Plankinton St, then take the #1. Get off at W. Hadley St. and walk one block west to 4th St. and then about a half block north on 4th St.
- Approximate Travel Time: 20 minutes
PLEASE NOTE: At night, we recommend that you travel by car.
First day of service
Days/Hours of Volunteering: To be determined at Sign Up Night Jan. 25
Description of Agency/Activities: Project RETURN was designed to aid in reducing recidivism of ex-offenders by providing services viewed as necessary for adjustment back into mainstream society. Services address needs of housing, family/community connections, education, job development, and personal well-being.
Student Role at Agency:
- Support Groups: Students will have the opportunity first to observe and then to help co-facilitate a group. Groups take place several times per day in one and a half hour sessions on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. All participants are adult ex-offenders. Group topics will include AODA, anger issues, cognitive thinking issues, family relationships, work related problems, and children's problems. Some preparation before the groups, and some debriefing after the groups will be necessary and important to your learning. The staff members at Project Return request that only two students observe each group.
- Walk-in Client Hours: Service learners will assist with clients in the office. Service Learners will assist case managers as they work with clients, as well as assisting clients in the computer lab.
- Attend the agency's mandatory orientation
- Visit the site for 2-3 hours per week throughout the entire semester