Marquette University enforces a no weapons policy. The following provision shall be included in all contracts in which the contractor is or may be required to have contractor personnel physically on university property:
Contractors, contractor employees, and subcontractors and subcontractor employees may not:
- Carry any weapons on university property except as expressly permitted by applicable State law.
- Openly carry any weapons on university property.
- Carry any weapons in any university building or leased space or at any university special event marked with signage specifying “Weapons are prohibited in this building.”
- Carry or store any weapon in a university owned or leased vehicle.
- Park any personally owned or contractor vehicle that contains a weapon on university property.
- Possess unloaded ammunition on university property.
- Imply possession of, threaten to use, display, brandish, use, or discharge a weapon on university property for any purpose or reason except lawful self-defense or lawful defense of others.
- Sell or serve alcohol on university property or at a university event not on university property to any person whom the contractor or contractor employee knows or has reason to know is carrying a concealed weapon.
- Fail to report timely to the university's Department of Public Safety the presence on university property of any person whom the contractor or contractor employee has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy, unless doing so would subject the contractor or contractor employee to the threat of physical harm, or take other action in response to the presence of any person whom the contractor or contractor employee has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy except for reporting the presence of the weapon to the university's Department of Public Safety.
The university considers this provision to be a material term of the agreement. Contractor is responsible for educating contractor employees on the requirements of this provision. Contractor shall immediately and permanently exclude from university property any contractor or subcontractor personnel in violation of this provision. Contractor acknowledges that there is no adequate cure for even a single breach of this provision and hereby waives any right to notice or to cure for violations of this provision in advance of university's termination of this agreement for default for violation of this provision.