Meet a significant and increasing demand for students to gain insight from alumni to help prepare them for their professional journey following graduation, while providing a valuable experience for alumni to connect with students and their alma mater.
Students: Apply for the MUAA Mentor Program online.
How it works
- A 1:1 match with selected students and alumni in Milwaukee, Chicago and nationwide. Students will be selected based upon completed application information; faculty recommendation (where applicable); area of study; field of interest; and potential post-graduation geographic destination
- College participants: College of Health Sciences, Diederich College of Communication, Klingler College of Arts and Sciences and Opus College of Engineering
- September: includes application period; review process; interviewing of finalist candidates; matching of mentors and mentees; and notification
- October: in-person mentee training for selected students
- October 7: event kick-off with mentors and mentees; participant goal development and submission
- October-April: ongoing engagement through workshops, online and in-person communication with mentees, mentors, and university staff and faculty
- January: mentor and mentee networking social and mid-point participant online survey
- April 2017: mentor/mentee program conclusion on campus (date TBD)
- Completion of individual goals determined by mentors/mentees at program’s outset in October
- Ongoing dialogue/discussion with mentors and mentees throughout initiative and the conclusion of the program, including conversation outcomes and frequency; topics discussed; projected next steps for future dialogue; how to additionally support mentors and mentees; and tracking potential shadow and campus visits
- Career development tracking (internship, job opportunities, other networking opportunities with mentor colleagues, peers)
- Mid-point and conclusion: online evaluation surveys
Marquette University Alumni Association: Dan DeWeerdt at (414) 288-4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.