A transcript is a complete and unabridged copy of all academic work attempted at Marquette. Course and grade information contained on the transcript is released only with consent from the student or as otherwise allowed by the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. See Marquette's FERPA policy.
Marquette partners with Parchment to issue official transcripts.
Cost for processing transcripts
Transcript request will not be processed without full payment.
- $7.00 per transcript
- $30.00 additional fee for in-person pickup requests within one business day.
- $32.00 additional fee for domestic FedEx Priority orders (subject to change).
- $5.40 additional fee for international USPS mailed orders (subject to change).
- $58.00 additional fee for international FedEx Priority orders (subject to change).
How to obtain a transcript
Transcript requests can be made online (fastest and recommended option), by mail or in-person.
Transcript requests are not accepted via fax or email.
Transcripts can be delivered electronically (fastest and recommended option), by mail or in person.
- Electronic transcripts (eTranscripts) are issued via secure email within an hour for orders submitted online. Additional time is required for orders submitted via mail or in-person as well as orders that include attachments, legacy transcripts (pre-1985), or other special instructions.
- Mailed transcripts are sent via USPS or FedEx (additional fee) within one business day for orders submitted online. Additional time is required for orders submitted via mail or in-person as well as orders that include attachments, legacy transcripts (pre-1985), or other special instructions.
- In-person transcripts are available for pickup within three business days of ordering or within one business day for an additional fee.
How can current students check for transcript holds?
Your transcript request will not be processed if you have a transcript hold at the time you submit the request. The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for delays arising from transcript holds.
Step 1: Log in to CheckMarq and find the Tasks file.
If you have any holds on your account, you will see the number of holds displayed on the Tasks tile. Follow this link for details on how to navigate in the CheckMarq Student Home.
Step 2: Holds link
Click or tap the Tasks tile and then click or tap Holds in the left navigation menu. A list of holds will display to the right, along with the department who placed the hold.
Step 3: View holds details
Click or tap a hold to view details about it, along with instructions on how to resolve it.
There are several types of transcript holds that may prevent your request. Some common holds are:
- Registrar Holds
Example: Registrar Hold/Registr & Trans
Your official final high school or college transcript is required to complete your university credential file. Contact your high school or college and request a final transcript be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
- Bursar Holds
Example: Bursar Reg and Transcript Hold
Contact Marquette Central.
- Loan accounts hold
Example: Loan Acct Delinquent Acct Hold
Contact the Office of Student Loan Accounts regarding your delinquent holds.
Issue to student or send directly
Transcripts issued directly to a student are marked as such. Many institutions and other entities will not accept a transcript that has been in the student's possession. We strongly recommend you request the Office of the Registrar to send a transcript directly to the institution/entity involved. If you choose not to follow this recommendation, you are liable for any further charges for additional transcripts.