Requesting Transcripts

A transcript is a complete and unabridged copy of all academic work attempted at Marquette and includes only those courses attempted at Marquette. Course and grade information contained on the transcript is released only upon written consent from the student as required by the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. See Marquette's FERPA policy.

Marquette uses U.S. mail, FedEx (Federal Express) and eTranscripts via the National Student Clearinghouse to deliver transcripts.

Marquette accepts electronically delivered transcripts sent via a secure third-party method that has been verified by the sending university but does not accept or send transcripts via email or facsimile.

How to obtain a transcript

SPECIAL NOTE: In person requests and pick-up orders for transcripts are now being processed.  However, you are strongly encouraged to submit an online request for PDF electronic delivery for your transcript orders to be processed in a timely manner.  If you need to order a transcript by mail or request paper delivery of your transcript, there could be delays in processing due to limited on-campus staffing.

Transcript requests can be made online, by mail or in person.

Transcript requests are not accepted via fax or email.

How can current students check for transcript holds?

Your transcript request will not be processed if you have a transcript hold at the time you submit the request. The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for delays arising from transcript holds.

Step 1: Log in to CheckMarq and find the Tasks file.

If you have any holds on your account, you will see the number of holds displayed on the Tasks tile.  Follow this link for details on how to navigate in the CheckMarq Student Home (formerly known as Student Center).



Step 2: Holds link

Click or tap the Tasks tile and then click or tap Holds in the left navigation menu. A list of holds will display to the right, along with the department who placed the hold.



Step 3:  View holds details

Click or tap a hold to view details about it, along with instructions on how to resolve it.

There are several types of transcript holds that may delay your request. Some common holds are:

  • Registrar Holds
    Example: Registrar Hold/Registr & Trans
    Your official final high school or college transcript is required to complete your university credential file. Contact your high school or college and request a final transcript be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
  • Bursar Holds
    Example: Bursar Reg and Transcript Hold
    Contact Marquette Central.
  • Loan accounts hold
    Example: Loan Acct Delinquent Acct Hold
    Contact the Office of Student Loan Accounts regarding your delinquent holds. 

Cost for processing all transcripts:

  • $7 (per transcript).

Processing methods

Standard Service Fee-no additional charge:

  • Paper transcript or eTranscripts are processed and mailed via USPS or available for pick up within three business days.

Expedited Service Fee-$30

  • Paper transcripts are processed and mailed via USPS or available for pick up within one business day.  eTranscripts are processed within one business day. In addition to the expedited service fee, $7 is charged for each transcript.

Federal Express Standard Service Fee-$25 (U.S. address) or $50 (international address)

  • Paper transcripts processed within three business days. In addition to the FedEx standard service fee, $7 is charged for each transcript.

Federal Express Expedited Service Fee-$55 (U.S. address) or $80 (international address)

  • Paper transcripts processed within one business day. In addition to the FedEx expedited service fee, $7 is charged for each transcript.

Transcript requests will not be processed without full payment.

Transcript requests must be received at 4 p.m. Central Time or they will be processed as if received the next business day.

Issue to student or send directly

Every transcript that is issued directly to a student is clearly marked as such. Because many institutions and other entities will not accept a transcript that has been in the student's possession, we strongly recommend you request the Office of the Registrar to mail a transcript directly to the institution/entity involved. If you choose not to follow this recommendation, you are liable for any further charges for additional transcripts.