The Marquette LGBT+ Alumni Council exists to affirm the dignity of every member of the alumni community.
Marquette University’s Statement on Human Dignity and Diversity clearly articulates a commitment to caring deeply for all members of the community, inclusive of sexual orientation. As the statement reads: "Our commitment to a diverse university community helps us to achieve excellence by promoting a culture of learning, appreciation and understanding."
To further that mission, the purpose of the LGBT+ Alumni Council shall be to:
- Provide a professional, educational and social network for LGBT+ alumni.
- Foster a sense of pride in and commitment to Marquette University and the LGBT+ community.
- Promote and cultivate the interests and continuing excellence of Marquette University by enlisting the support and participation of LGBT+ alumni.
- Promote and support an LGBT+ scholarship for students.
- Foster positive relations between Marquette University and its LGBT+ alumni and students and to advise the university on LGBT+ issues.
LGBT+ Alumni Council events can be found on the MUAA Event Calendar, which is searchable by date. Click on the event title to register online for an event. For questions or more information, please contact Sarah Burkhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.